Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Watching White People Dance Makes Me Happy

Last Friday night, I accompanied a friend of mine to New Bern where he was dj'ing a frat party at a country club. I'd planned on being bored, but they mentioned my two favorite words when used together ("open" and "bar") so I figured I'd find a way to have a good time. Little could I have known... Not long after I helped G set up his sounds and lights... ...the party-goers began to arrive. I should mention they were already drunk when they piled off the buses that brought them in from Greenville. I should also mention that as soon as they got off the buses, most of them went straight to the (open) bar. Those two facts should have told me what a shit-show this was going to be. With that in mind, I powered up my digital camera, and found a discrete spot behind a speaker to capture the drunken shittiness. For the sake of clarity, I'll be explaining each pic/vid clip briefly. For example: The only thing I love more than white people is watching them dance...

I call this one "The White Boy Butt-Wag"...

Not to be out-done, the ladies were getting down on the dancefloor...in a very white way...

There were couples dancing together, but adding "romance" didn't do anything to add class to the dance moves...

All in all, it was a great time. It was also a great reminder to be grateful for my sense of rhythm...

4 comments:

  1. why do they all look so damn old? was it like a 15 year reunion of a bunch of fratboys???

    ReplyDelete
  2. ironically they looked much younger in person. like jail-bait younger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luv the look on the guy's face - the one with the gal in pink that's giving him a knee-job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was too funny, but I as a white person have to say not all white people have no rythm. I for one have rythm. :0)

    ReplyDelete